For us, money is a strategy to satisfy needs.
When we offer training courses, books, consulting, mediation etc. many of our own needs satisfy. It is about the need to contribute, give meaning, learning and contact.
At the same time we want to meet our need of (economically) support so we don't need to waste time and energy to other activites through which we can take care of ourselves and our families.
With hope to meet these needs, we ask each person who walks our courses to contribute economically to us. And the same time we feel a deep satisfaction and joy to be able to make NVC available to people, no matter what their assets are.
We are aware of that money is a common topic in our culture and we want to invite you to "think outside the box".
We ask for the following:
- do not decline to enroll in a course, or buy materials, just because you at the moment don't have access to the amount of money we ask for.
- to get in touch with us for a dialogue in which you describe how your economic situation is, what needs would meet if you to take a course and so on. From that dialogue we hope to find out a solution that can meet both your and our needs. This may involve a payment plan or other creative solutions.
- that if you want to contribute with more economic resources than we ask for (because it would meet your need for contributing for example), just let us know about it. The contribution, large or small, can help someone else, with less financial resources, to take the course.
Common questions about economy
We really like the challenge, freedom and the learning it means to not have fixed prices and instead work with a moving scale to handle money.
Many have told us that it's not going to work, but we've been working like this for years now. It works and it serves better our desire to live in a line with our values. It also enhances the chances to get in touch with people we might have missed otherwise.
Along with the joy it has also given us at least three challenges. Firstly, we are aware that some people don't come to us and tell us about their needs regarding the economy and instead choose not to participate in our program. It makes us sad because we're longing for trust in our commitment to at least get the chance to decide how and if we would like to contribute.
Second: The use of the "moving scale" is quite unusual and many people feel confused and unsure how to relate to it. This is a support, which aims to support you in this.
A third challenge is the logistics: making arrangements with individual human beings (rather than existing groups) takes a lot of effort from of our site. Towards the end of this document, there are some answers to commonly asked questions. It would be very helpful to us if you would be willing to read them and then decide if you want to contact us. If your questions are not answered, we are looking forward to respond via e-mail or telephone.
We hope that your economic situation isn't an obstacle for applying to our courses / trainings.
Question: How do I decide how much I contribute in the moving scale?
Answer: We want you to find an amount that takes both your and our needs into consideration. We want to help you find it, not necessarily by going to what is most convenient, but by trying to include as many needs as possible.
Because it may seem challenging for people to consider how much they want to contribute, and we want your choice to be in line with your values, we invite you to enjoy the following questions as a way to explore your needs :
- What amount would be most fun for you to provide, without considering your current economic situation? What needs would be met and which would not be met if you gave this sum?
- What amount would be most comfortable for you? What needs would be met and not met if you gave this sum?
- Are you in touch with our needs in relation to our economic requirements? What needs are you in contact with? What emotions are brought to you when you are in touch with our needs and the what needs are the feelings associated with?
- With all these levels of consciousness, which amount do you choose to give? What needs do you hope to meet by this choice?
DO YOU WANT TO HELP US?
Spread the website:
If you like what we do and want to support us in what we want to create you can recommend the following links Trainings and Books and materials. A simple way is to send the link from this website.
Spread our books:
- Buy and recommend our books to people you think will be right for them.
- Help us get our books on training courses and literature lists